Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Virginia, we’ve got you covered.
No or low cost health coverage from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan
Helping people is at the heart of all we do
You’ll find UnitedHealthcare serving members and communities across Virginia. Helping our members get the care they need – and working closely with local groups to help our communities grow even stronger and healthier.
We offer many plans to help Virginians get healthy. And stay healthy. Including Medicaid plans, Exchange Plans and Dual Special Needs Plans for those who qualify for both Medicaid and Medicare.
Plus, we offer one of the largest provider networks in Virginia. Which gives you more options to choose the doctors and specialists that fit your health care needs.
Medicaid health plans as low as $0 cost
$0 cost for:
- Pregnant women, children
- Men and women between ages 19-64
- Adults with special health needs, who don't qualify for Medicare
Low or $0 cost:
- For adults needing extra support and care
- Includes help from a care coorindator
- In-home services available
Low or $0 cost
- Children up to age 19 whose working parents do not qualify for Medicaid.
- Includes UnitedHealthcare extras that other plans don't offer.
Get extras with UnitedHealthcare
You get the Medicaid coverage you expect, including doctor visits, emergency care, prescription drugs, and mental health services. PLUS you get these extras:
Get rides to medical and non-medical locations. Includes clinics, grocery stores, places of worship, fitness centers/gyms and more.
Up to two $50 gift cards to Footlocker for any qualifying vaccinations for members age 5-18. [New in 2022]
Programs that deliver extra support during and after pregnancy.
The #1 app for stress, anxiety and depression, with over 3.5 million users. Free standard fitness center membership and free access to digital fitness solutions for members age 18 and up [New in 2022]
For questions or to find a dentist in your area, call the DMAS Dental Benefits Administrator at 1-888-912-3456.
Information is also available on the DMAS website at https://www.dmas.virginia.gov/for-members/benefits-and-services/dental/ or the DentaQuest website at http://www.dentaquestgov.com/
Join us! Get started today.
Watch for your approval packet in the mail. Call the Managed Care Helpline 1-800-643-2273. Tell them you choose UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
Features and Benefits for Medicaid Plans
Sticks for Kicks
Earn $50 in Foot Locker® gift cards
Sticks for Kicks is an exciting new benefit for UnitedHealthcare® Community Plan members age 5–18. When they get a qualifying “stick” (shot), they’ll earn a $50 gift card to buy “kicks” (shoes) and activewear at Foot Locker. If they get another qualifying stick by June 30, 2022, they can earn a second $50 Foot Locker gift card (up to $100 total).
What vaccines qualify for Sticks for Kicks?
Your child’s primary care provider (PCP) will know what shots your child may need. There’s no cost to you. Vaccines are covered by your health plan.
Members can earn a single $50 gift card for getting one of the vaccinations recommended for their age group. If they get any 2 vaccines listed by June 30, 2022, they can earn up to $100.
- IPV Polio (oral vaccine also eligible)
- Meningococcal (16-year-olds only)
Questions about Sticks for Kicks?
Call Member Services at 1-844-752-9484, TTY 711. We can answer any questions you have or help you to find a doctor or make an appointment.
One Pass Fitness Center Benefit — new for 2023
One Pass is a new fitness program
One Pass™ is a complete fitness solution for your personal health goals and needs. One Pass is available at no cost to you. It’s new to Virginia Medallion members ages 18 and over for 2022. And it’s only from UnitedHealthcare®.
Fitness to fit your life
Want to go to the gym? One Pass gives you a free membership to many fitness locations near you. Prefer
to work out at home? You can access livestream classes or pre-recorded videos in private. Just starting out? The workout builder will walk you through each exercise and help you create a customized workout program just for you.
There’s no end to all the ways One Pass can help you stay fit and live your healthiest life.
One Pass gives you
- Unlimited access to 300+ select fitness locations* in Virginia, including: Anytime Fitness, Golds Gym, H2 Health, LA Fitness, Planet Fitness, Rehab Associates, Snap Fitness and YMCA
- Access to a digital library of more than 20,000 on-demand and livestream classes
- A workout builder to customize your exercises
We cover Virginia
Get extras with UnitedHealthcare
You get the coverage you expect, including doctor visits, emergency care, prescription drugs, and mental health services. PLUS you get these extras:
Free rides. Get rides to medical and non-medical locations. Includes clinics, grocery stores, places of worship and more. [Non-medical locations are new in 2021]
- Kicks for Grades. A $50 gift card to FootLocker® for students with 3.5 GPA or higher. [New in 2021]
- Up to $100 in incentives. Programs that deliver extra support during and after pregnancy.
- Sanvello™ subscription. The #1 app for stress, anxiety and depression, with over 3.5 million users. [New in 2021]
- Adult and child dental care. For questions or to find a dentist in your area, call the DMAS Dental Benefits Administrator at 1-888-912-3456. Information is also available on the DMAS website at https://www.dmas.virginia.gov/for-members/benefits-and-services/dental/ or the DentaQuest website at http://www.dentaquestgov.com/
More for you in 2023
You’ll get extra benefits that some plans don’t offer.
- Eye exam and glasses/contacts
- $50 Footlocker gift card for qualifying vaccines
- Fresh meals delivered to your door after a hospital stay
- Rides to medical and non-medical sites
- Weight Watchers
- Gift cards for healthy actions
- Smart phone, minutes and unlimited texts, through SafeLink Wireless
Changes for Green Card Holders in 2023
Starting April 1, 2021, Green Card holders (lawful permanent residents) with five years or more of residency in the United States may now be eligible for free or low-cost health coverage from Virginia Medicaid. The five years starts from the date you entered into the United States.
To find out more or to apply, individuals can do one of the following:
- Visit www.coverva.org or www.cubrevirginia.org
- Connect with your local Navigator or application assister at www.coverva.org/en/find-help-in-your-area or www.cubrevirginia.org/es/find-help-in-your-area or call 1-888-392-5132.
- Call the Cover Virginia Call Center at 1-855-242-8282 (TDD: 1-888-221-1590) to apply by phone Monday - Friday: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm or Saturday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Mail or drop off a paper application (English or Spanish) to your local Department of Social Services. Find your nearest local department of social services by visiting: dss.virginia.gov/localagency/
UnitedHealthcare Mobile App
This free mobile app allows you to access key information on the go. You can search for nearby doctors, view your member handbook or view your member ID card.
The UnitedHealthcare mobile app can be downloaded to an Apple® or Android® smartphone or tablet.
Healthy First Steps®
Build a healthy future for you and your baby, and earn great rewards. Our UnitedHealthcare Healthy First Steps® program helps keep you and your baby healthy during pregnancy and your baby’s first 15 months of life.
- Choose a pregnancy provider and a pediatrician (child’s doctor).
- Schedule visits and exams and arrange rides to your visits.
- Earn rewards for going to visits throughout your pregnancy and baby’s first 15 months of life.
- Get supplies, including breast pumps for nursing moms.
- Connect with community resources such as Women, Infants and Children (WIC) services.
Rides where you need to go
You get free round-trip rides to health care appointments – and to many other approved locations. Includes trips to churches, grocery stores, DMV, food banks, WIC appointments, and more.
Using a mix of medication support, phone-based behavioral coaching and web-based learning and support tools, the Quit For Life® Program is a tobacco cessation program available to all eligible members.
We will provide 10 Weight Watchers meeting vouchers annually to qualified members who are 10 years of age and older. Members will learn valuable skills about healthy eating and weight loss. Reviews are coordinated through the individual’s Care Coordinator and require approval.
How stress affects you
When you're stressed, your body knows it. Your heart starts pounding and your muscles tense. Everyone has stress in their life now and then. But chronic stress can have negative effects on both your physical and your mental health.
It can affect:
Digestion. Stress slows the release of stomach acid and causes the colon to work faster. This can result in stomachaches or diarrhea.
Heart rate and blood vessels. Your heart rate, blood pressure and cholesterol may increase. This raises your risk for
heart attacks and strokes.
Immune system. Stress makes wounds heal slower. You’re also more likely to get colds and infections.
Weight. Stress makes you crave fats and carbohydrates. If you gain weight in your abdominal area, you’re at greater
risk for heart disease and diabetes.
Mental health. Stress makes you tense and anxious. This can lead to depression, headaches or other problems such as trouble sleeping.
Regain your balance. If stress has taken over your life, here are some ideas to regain control:
Make time for regular exercise. Check with your doctor to see what types of exercise are right for you.
- Do things you enjoy.
- Learn how to relax.
- Treat yourself well.
If your stress is still an issue, talk with your doctor. He or she can recommend someone who can help you find other ways to manage your stress.
Find out more online at liveandworkwell.com
Healthy weight. Getting exercise.
Losing weight does not have to be hard. Getting more exercise is one of the best ways. Try to get 60 minutes or more of exercise every day. It doesn’t have to mean doing hard exercises or going to the gym every day. Just move your body. Here are some ideas:
Move! Dancing to your favorite tunes can help you burn more than 300 calories an hour.
If you do play video games, play interactive ones where you have to move. You don’t even have to leave the house to move – try exercises like jumping jacks, marching in place, going up and down stairs, push-ups or sit-ups at home.
Walk! Take a walk with a friend outside. Walk your dog or your neighbor’s dog, or walk your cat! Instead of driving, walk or bike to school or a friend’s house.
Clean! Vacuum your room. Wash the car. Mow the lawn. Your parents will be happy, and it’s another chance for you to get more exercise, and maybe even have some fun.
Unplug! Limit your time watching TV or using your smartphone, computer or other device. Keep screen time to less than two hours a day. When you do watch TV or use your phone – try marching in place or exercising while you watch/play.
Important news and dates
Want to switch to UnitedHealthcare Community Plan? We’d love to serve you. Open Enrollment dates by region:
- Tidewater: February 19 – April 30
- Central: April 19- June 30
- Northern/Winchester: June 19 - August 31
- Western/Charlottesville: August 19 - October 31
- Roanoke/Alleghany: December 19- February 28
- Southwest: December 19 – February 28
Learn about plan types
Dual Special Needs Plans (DSNP)
Dual special needs plans (also called "dual" plans) are for people who get both Medicaid and Medicare. Dual plans cover doctor visits, hospital stays and prescription drugs. They offer more benefits and extras than Original Medicare. You'll keep all your Medicaid benefits too.
Medicaid is health insurance for people with low incomes. You might be able to get Medicaid if you're pregnant, have children or live with a disability. In some cases, other adults also may qualify. Costs to you are low and based on your ability to pay. It's important to know that Medicaid rules and coverage differ from state to state.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.