Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
We are here for our Kentucky members who have been impacted by the floods
We are deeply concerned for the Eastern Kentucky communities impacted by the devastating floods. We want to ensure our members have access to the care and support they need:
- 24/7 Nurse Line 1-800-985-3856, TTY 711
- 24/7 Behavioral Health Crisis Line 1-855-789-1977, TTY 711
- Medical services, medical equipment, shelter, food and other help: Member Services 1-866-293-1796, TTY 711
- Emergency prescriptions are covered. Find a nearby pharmacy at https://kyportal.medimpact.com or call 1-800-210-7628
- View additional resources
Kentucky, we’ve got you covered.
No-cost or low-cost health coverage from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. Learn about the UnitedHealthcare Medicaid health plans we offer in Kentucky.
Helping people is at the heart of all we do
All Kentuckians deserve affordable health care, including you. We offer many plans to help Kentuckians get healthy — and stay healthy. We cover adults, people with disabilities, pregnant women and children with our Kentucky Medicaid plan. We offer a Dual Special Needs Plan for those who qualify for both Kentucky Medicaid and Medicare.
Get a plan that gives you more. UnitedHealthcare has a large provider network in Kentucky. That gives you more options to choose the right doctors and specialists to fit your health care needs. We also offer more services and extras, which can make a real difference in your life.
See why Kentuckians choose UnitedHealthcare
Whatever plan you choose, UnitedHealthcare will help you get the care you need.
- Large variety of network doctors/providers
- No-cost virtual/telehealth visits
- Low- or no-cost prescription drugs
Stay informed about coronavirus (COVID-19) in Kentucky. A list of Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and their vaccine sites are located below.
Effective January 1, 2021, all Presumptive Eligibility Medicaid members in Kentucky will be enrolled in managed care and assigned to UnitedHealthcare Community Plan. LEARN MORE
Upcoming Quarterly Member Advisory Committee (QMAC) Meeting: Join us on 6/28/22, 9/27/22 and 12/13/22 all from 12 pm - 1 pm EST to share your opinions. To RSVP, call 1-866-293-1796, TTY 711, 7 am - 7 pm EST.
It’s your health. It’s your choice.
Everyone deserves affordable health care, including you.
Working adults, people with disabilities, pregnant women, and children who qualify for Medicaid, should check out UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
We have the Medicaid services and extras that can make a real difference in your life. All at no cost to you.
- Find a doctor you trust in our network.
- Connect to a doctor using Telehealth.
- Annual vision exam for all members.
- Dental coverage.
- 24/7 NurseLine to answer your health questions.
Sometimes, you might need a little extra help. Get extras not covered by Medicaid.
- Earn rewards for keeping you and your baby healthy.
- Earn gift cards for getting preventative services.
- Meal Delivery for members meeting specific eligibility requirements.
- Boys & Girls Club membership for members 6 through 17
- 30 acupuncture visits per year
We also offer resources to help you make the most of your plan. Including:
- Member Advocates
- Social Services Support
- 24/7 behavioral health hotline with licensed clinicians
- Health Education Tools
- Care Management
To see if you qualify for Medicaid benefits or to enroll visit Kynect dot ky dot gov.
Helping you live a healthier life.
We are here for you, Kentucky
Remember to choose UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.
And get the Plan that gets you more.
To learn more about UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, visit UHCCommunityPlan dot com forward slash KY.
Kentucky health plans as low as $0 cost
KY Medicaid Plans:
- No- or low-cost
- Pregnant woman and children
- Blind and disabled individuals
- Low-income individuals and families
KY Dual Special Needs Plans:
- Those qualifying for both Medicaid and Medicare
- Blind and disabled
- Individuals over 65
- Offers benefits beyond traditional Medicare/Medicaid
We Cover Kentucky
We offer health coverage to beneficiaries of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) Kentucky Medicaid program in all counties of the state. Enrollment is open year-round.
Current Medicaid enrollees can select a new plan during this time.
New to Medicaid? Apply anytime!
Medicaid: More for you in 2022
As a UnitedHealthcare Medicaid member, you’ll get extra benefits that some plans don’t offer.
- Healthy First Step Rewards for moms and babies
- Dental exams
- Eye exam and frames for all members
- Free home-delivered meals for members who meet eligibility requirements
- Boys and Girls Club membership
- Gift cards for healthy actions
- Smart phone, minutes and unlimited texts, through Assurance Wireless
Dual Special Needs Plans in 2022
Kentuckians on a UnitedHealthcare Dual Special Needs Plan receive many benefits beyond those with traditional Medicare.
- $0 drug copays on all tiers of covered medications with option for home delivery
- Up to $125 per month on a debit card to buy healthy food or OTC items at many retailers, online or by catalog
- Up to $2,500 for covered types of preventive and comprehensive dental services
- Debit card with credits to buy OTC health products, and more
Well and sick care
Get the help you and your family need to stay healthy, to get better if you’re injured or sick, or simply to reach your full potential. Some member benefits include:
- Hospitalization: You pay nothing for care in a hospital
- Lab and X-rays: Lab tests, x-rays and diagnostic imaging are covered
- Therapy services: Therapy visits to help you recover or achieve your potential
- 24-hr. NurseLine: Speak with a registered nurse 24/7
- Well visits: Annual checkups and screenings to help keep you and your family healthy
- Shots and vaccines: Routine shots to help protect against illness
- No copays: You pay nothing for doctor visits or prescriptions
- Virtual visits: Connect to a live doctor through a smart phone or computer for routine care visits
UnitedHealthcare mobile app
This free mobile app will allow you to access key information on the go. You can search for nearby doctors, view your member handbook or view your member ID card.
The UnitedHealthcare mobile app can be downloaded to an Apple® or Android® smartphone or tablet.
UnitedHealthcare Healthy First Steps®
Build a healthy future for you and your baby and earn great rewards with UnitedHealthcare Healthy First Steps. Our program will help you take the right steps to keep you and your baby healthy. Plus, you can earn $15 just for signing up.
We will help you:
- Choose a pregnancy provider and a pediatrician (child’s doctor)
- Schedule visits and exams and arrange rides to your visits
- Earn rewards for going to visits throughout your pregnancy and baby’s first 15 months of life
- Get supplies, including breast pumps for nursing moms
- Connect with community resources such as Women, Infants and Children (WIC) services
Kentucky HealthTalk member newsletter
Our KY HealthTalk newsletter is now online. The newsletters are a great way to learn about our Kentucky Medicaid plan, programs from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) and other important health topics.
You can read it whenever, wherever you want. Check back quarterly for a new edition.
Behavioral health services
Behavioral health (also known as mental health) is as important as physical health. That’s why we have coverage for both.
Required care is covered 100% with no copay, including testing and diagnosis, behavioral therapy and medication.
Behavioral health services can help you with personal problems that may affect you and/or your family. Whether it’s stress, depression, anxiety or using drugs or alcohol, we can help.
Call 911 if you are in danger or need immediate medical attention. Call the Behavioral Health Crisis Line at any time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-855-789-1977
Mental health crisis services
You’re always covered for a behavioral health emergency. An emergency means a behavioral health condition that comes on suddenly, is life threatening, is painful, or other severe symptoms that cannot wait to be treated. You may have a mental health, drug, or alcohol use emergency.
Emergency services are covered anywhere in the United States. If you think you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital location where emergency providers can help you.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, call the Behavioral Health Crisis line at 1-866-293-1796.
View the Kentucky crisis lines directory.
Learn about plan types
KY Medicaid is health insurance for people with low incomes. You might be able to get Medicaid in Kentucky if you’re pregnant, have children or live with a disability. In some cases, other adults also may qualify. Costs to you are low and based on your ability to pay. It’s important to know that Medicaid rules and coverage differ from state to state.
Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNP)
Dual Special Needs Plans (also called dual health plans or D-SNPs for short) are for people who get both MississippiCAN (Medicaid) and Medicare. Dual plans cover doctor visits, hospital stays and prescription drugs. They offer more benefits and extras than Original Medicare. You’ll keep all your Mississippi Medicaid benefits MississippiCAN too.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.